Northwest Boreal Ranked Priority Needs
- In July of 2012, the NWB LCC Steering Committee met in Fairbanks, AK with a focus on Prioritization of Biological and Cultural Resources
- Goal: To identify a set of priority biological and cultural resources that will be the focus of biological planning and serve as indicator of progress towards LCC goals; the list of priorities will help focus the management decisions discussed in the Management Framing Workshop (see below).
- Objective: To integrate the results from the informal assessment (questionnaire), a synthesis of the priority resources (conservation and management objectives) of other planning and science efforts in the NWB LCC region, and organizational knowledge as expressed by each SC representative in order to:
- Identify commonalities across the partnership community;
- List priority biological and cultural resources for the LCC from the identified collective priority resources of the partnership community.
Focal Species for Landscape Conservation Design (LCD) Pilot